Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

GroupWise 8 on Linux

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrp611

MIS
Oct 10, 2005
US
I am in the process of migrating my Groupwise 8 on Netware to Linux. In my Lab I have setup my servers to almost the way my active network is setup. I migrated my MTA and POS to the SUSE Linux 10 SP2 with OES 2 SP1 for eDirectory. The GWIA looks like it had no problem with the transfer. But when I transfered my Webacc to the new server everything looked good. But when I try to login to the webacc via I/P then I start to get errors the first one was access Forbidden error 404. I looked at the gw.conf and on the first 2 lines checked the port numbers from 9009 to 8009.after restarting the appache and tomcat I could see the screen if I use "IP address/gw" a screen will show up fine. but if I type in "IP address/gw/webacc" then I get a object not found. Anyone have this issue with Linux if so what is the trick to make this work.

It doesn't make sense to even try to migrate and existing WebAccess installation. Just reinstall it from scratch and it should be fine.

Note that the ports you mention: 8009 and 9009... On SLES10 Without OES2, the port is different than if you have OES2. Once you have the correct port in there, you should be able to restart tomcat, apache and it will work. I can't recall which port is which off top of head, but there are Novell TIDS that discuss this.

Marvin Huffaker, MCNE
Marvin Huffaker Consulting, Inc.
A Novell Platinum Partner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back