Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

groupwise 8 dropping network mounted filesystems on windows 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

th3louvre

Programmer
Nov 28, 2011
US
We have groupwise 8 installed. Most of our clients are XP. We just got some new hardware running windows 7 professional SP1. For some reason, the mounted filesystems appear to randomly have no link. Windows explorer shows them with a red X over the drive looking icon. You get "cannot access" when you click on them. You can log out and log back in and they are then ok. Any ideas what could be happening or how to diagnose a problem (and how to fix)?

Your question is confusing. Mounted drives (mapped drive??) are not needed for Groupwise. So are we having a GroupWise problem or a problem accessing mapped drives on workstations that also run GroupWise???

We are using Novell Netware for our mapped network drives. I log into the workstation using Novell Groupwise. We thought maybe Groupwise running under Windows 7 was affecting the status of the mapped network drives. I am not clear on this problem myself, just looking around to see if anything sounds appropriate.

GroupWise is just a mail client.

Don't mean to be a jerk here, but it is best to leave the troubleshooting up to your IT department. In my experience, issues get worse or start a political fiasco when end users attempt to troubleshoot problems for IT. If your a small company with no IT department, jump up to Novell's web site and locate a Partner that can help you.

There are also quite a few talented folks knowledgeable with Novell products that visit this site. You can help IT be referring them to this web site so they can post a question in the appropriate forum.

I apologize for coming across as a jerk here, it is not intended.

=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+
Brent Schmidt Senior Network Engineer
Keep IT Simple[/color red] Novell Platinum Partner Microsoft Gold Partner
VMWare Enterprise Partner Citrix Gold Partner

I see the same behavior on Windows 7 to mapped drives all the time. but A) it's common with non-novell drives as well and B) nothing to do with GroupWise whatsoever. Usually once I click on the drive, even though it was red-x'd, once I hit it it's fine.

Marvin

Marvin Huffaker, MCNE
Marvin Huffaker Consulting, Inc.
A Novell Platinum Partner

I would agree that if you're not IT, don't fool with it. You could advise them to update the Netware client on the workstations and look for any patches or even BETAS that might apply to your situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back