Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Groupwise 7 mobile server

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quadrunner

Technical User
Oct 24, 2003
US
I'm starting the process of investigating the different types of software that's available to have our mobile users receive their e-mail wirelessly. We are going to use the Treo 700wx from verizon as our phone. I'm wondering if any members are using intellisync that is free from novell?, and what opinions or suggestions that you might offer me in my quest.

Thanks

If you already have the GroupWise Mobile Server, go ahead and use it, it works great. Note that it tends to run batteries down on the phone, but I don't think that it's the fault of the Server, it's just the technology in general.

is the 700wx a Windows based phone? Seems like I recall that it is, and i've heard good things about it. My 700P is a piece of SHI*. A suggestion I have is this - install GMS on its own server, don't share with anything else because you tend to get conflicts. Also keep the ports at default. Changing them is a royal pain.

Marvin Huffaker, MCNE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back