Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

GroupWise 7 Gateway Exchange -- vs -- MS Exchange Grpwse Connector

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 25, 2003
US
Anyone have real world experience with both of these products?

GroupWise GateWay 7 for Microsoft Exchange
Microsoft Exchange 2003 GroupWise Connector

I'd like to know which one works better for connecting a GroupWise and Exchange system. The Microsoft one looks more geared toward doing a migration, where the GroupWise one is geared towards integration.

Thanks.

Marvin

Marvin Huffaker, MCNE
See me speak at GWAVACON Jan 21-23 in Dallas.

I'll be very interested in the results of your research, Marvin. I may need to do this very thing in 8 - 12 months...

I am looking in to the same issue with our network the problem's I have heard was the m/s 2005 exchange will not work with groupwise 7 but will work with groupwise 6.5. I have looked in to GroupWise gateway to M/S exchange but not sure if this the best approach. If you can get 2005 exchange to work with groupwise 7 post it on the board.

i played with it in a test lab
worked really well but when we tried it on the real servers - it wouldnt install onto the ms servers

i could replicate in lab and it was an ms patch that failed.

that was the beta though beleive it is release now.

our scenario meant four gateways though and it was easier to have a mta running on the ms box to host the gateway

ms solution was s&** - i mean the api gateway - fine when it was netwarwe 3.12

oh and the thing that myself and the exchange guy agreed on was - didnt like the fact that traffic was going through gateway rather than via smtp. ie would have been nice just to get address book sync etc but relay messages normally

mail coming into outlook appeared a bit funny on line ie tam@po.aardvark ok when they open and ok when reply.

the agents as well on ms book - if you run as a service you dont get the display but you do get the web browser access

and if you run two agents on box - one of them you had to change port during install or it was a bit of a twat.

and during install of something (it's in book in tiny print)
after install you MUST NOT start the gateway until you modified something.

the initail sync of address books is iffy - seems to go at midnight then after that it is instant - populates one way stratight away though

oh and if running two gateways on same box - call it something else rather than default exchange as it blats the first gateway - obvious really but i forgot first time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back