Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Groupwise 7 autodiscover feature?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cstorms

IS-IT--Management
Sep 29, 2006
US
Hello, i know in the new version of Exchange there is new feature called autodiscover that when using Outlook 07 will use AD to find the appropriate mailserver and then configure your profile settings for you, requiring no real manual setup for users.

I am curious if the new GW7 stuff incorporates any of this as when setting up new user profiles we need to specify the ip of the poa for them to connect to.

I am not really a Novell guy so I dont know if this is something that should smack me in the face or just doesnt exist.

Any advice is much appreciated. Thanks!

Cory

I'm not sure I'm answering your question, but if you're asking "What do I have to do so that GroupWise clients find and connect to their post office?"

Add a DNS entry to the DNS server(s) that all your clients use. Add the following:

ngwnameserver = ip address of your groupwise server with Post Office

Required Hostnames

The primary GroupWise name server must be designated using the hostname ngwnameserver. You can also designate a backup GroupWise name server using the hostname ngwnameserver2.

Required Port Number

Each server designated as a GroupWise name server must have a POA running on it that uses the default port number of 1677. Other agents can run on the same server, but one POA must use the default port number of 1677 in order for the GroupWise name server to function.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back