Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

GroupWise 7.0.3 client mailbox stops updating when sending attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.

gadzooks1

Technical User
Oct 26, 2005
US
Hi Everyone

I have two user's using GroupWise 7.0.3. and their caching mailbox stops updating when sending attachments.

Even after deleting the pending sent attachments the mailbox will not update.

I have recreated their caching mailbox but this only works if they do not send another attachment. Reinstall of the client has not helped nor has rebuilding their mailbox.

Has anyone els ran across this situation?

Is it possible that the attachment is working, you just don't see status? I have noticed that sometimes, especially large attachments, it doesn't provide much feedback until the transfer is complete..

What do you see when you look at the "Show Status Window" and then do an Accounts --> Send/Receive?

Another clue is down in the bottom left of the client, you should see the progress (Although I notice that sometimes it doesn't show up)

Marvin

Marvin Huffaker, MCNE
Marvin Huffaker Consulting, Inc.
A Novell Platinum Partner

The status window shows (0% sending) but nothing ever sends.

I have recreated her mailbox on another machine and it works fine even when sending attachments.

Maybe you should download CLEANIT from GWTOOLS.COM, uninstall the client, run cleanit, then reinstall and see if that helps. Sounds like it is specific to your workstation.

Marvin Huffaker, MCNE
Marvin Huffaker Consulting, Inc.
A Novell Platinum Partner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back