Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Groupwise 6 to Exchange 2003 ..

Status
Not open for further replies.

white43210

IS-IT--Management
Jan 15, 2004
US
I am having a difficult time setting up the connector component of exchange to relay e-mail back and forth between groupwise and exchange. I have the connector installed and setup correctly -I think- .. not too much detailed documentation on it. and I have the Groupwise 4.1v2 API set up on the Groupwise server.

I have been able to import groupwise addresses into an AD container as contacts for addressing email to the groupwise system, but how do I get the groupwise system to recognize the exchange addresses?

I can send/receive mail to/from the internet with exchange, but i still fail to send mail to the groupwise system via internal means through the connector. I believe it has something to do with the addressing format of the gateway that I installed - I think it should be component format instead of groupwise format.

I inherited a linux, netware, windows, os2 mess at this company and I'm trying to straighten things out with AD and Exchange. I don't have access to an up to date NWADMIN32 only the console1 interface. The Groupwise box is 6.0 on 5.0 netware. The exchange box is 2003 native. Help very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

You should read "Microsoft Exchange 2000 and Novell GroupWise Coexistence and Migration" this has a section that explains things fairly clearly!!

C

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back