Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Groupwise 6. - Distribution Group Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdavis37

MIS
Jul 9, 2002
US
I have a group name CJI_SYSTEM_Outage in Japan and I have another group Prodution_Outage in NY. If I want the Japan group to receive notices from the NY group can I take the Japan group and add it to the NY group. If I add the names from the Japan group manually to the NY group. I'm not going to know when they add another person to the group.

Any ideas?

jdavis37,

I'm using 6.5, so I can't say for sure about 6.0. But, with 6.5, changes to one distribution list will be reflected if that dist list is a member of another dist list.

For example:
Distribution List A is a member of Distribution List B. When User A is added to Distribution List A, they will automatically become a member of Distribution List B too.

I hope that's what you were looking for. You can test this yourself using your personal address book.

Good luck,
-Ron

We all play from the same deck of cards, it's how we play the hand we are dealt which makes us who we are. -Me

murof siht edisni kcuts m'I - PLEH

Darkshadeau is correct. We do this in GW6 all the time. I generally create a third group to hold the "complete" group so that the individual groups are retained. In your example, I would create a group like "Everybody_Outage", place Production_Outage and CJI_System_Outage in that group as it's only members. That way you can still send messages to Production_Outage and exclude the members of CJI_System_Outage (if you need to).

hth
Dennis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back