Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Groupwise 6.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChipsAhoy

Technical User
Nov 27, 2002
US
I am running Netware 6.5, Groupwise 6.5 and Netware Client 4.9 SP2 on an 2002 XP Professional SP1 workstation. When I click on an email address in internet explorer 6.0.26 I get a box requesting that I choose a profile, I select the novell client profile, I then get an error message which identifies a problem with rundll32.exe and Groupwise bombs out. Any ideas?

Outlook and GroupWise should work together okay.. Just doing that today in fact.. But I did read some TIDS that say that you have to install GroupWise client after you have installed any MS OFfice component including Outlook. Otherwise some of your configurations can be overwritten and corrupted.

Marvin Huffaker MCNE, CNE
Marvin Huffaker Consulting

I agree the *should*, but IME very often they don't. Even when you do GW afterwards - which is what we do here (base image has office 2k on it, GW is an add-on) It may work for a bit, but sooner or later it seems there are profile-related issues over who the dflt email program is, whose address book is going to be used etc. We took removed outlook from our office install (among other items) and cut support calls a ton. I have 2 users who have to have outlook for their address books and those two have the highest # of support calls in the entire company, bar none. I hope GW 7 (or whatever they call it) will finally nail the PIM piece of the program.

Anyhow, fwiw I am almost certain that the problem ChipsAhoy is having is bc Groupwise is not the default email program in the registry. I have seen this happen before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back