Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

GroupWise 6.5 and Dragon Naturally Speaking 7 Preferred

Status
Not open for further replies.

techwtr

MIS
Oct 13, 2003
US
I am having problems with Dragon Naturally Speaking 7 Preferred and Groupwise 6.5. I wondered if anyone had any insight on this.

After Dragon is installed, this gives the user the ability to dictate directly into applications on their desktop instead of typing. Several people I installed Dragon on noticed that off and on they keep getting an error that says Groupwise has experienced a critical error and will need to close. It doesn't happen all the time nor does this happen to all the people who received dragon, but for some people this is getting fustrating. Dragon's web site doesn't go into this problem and their support people haven't been very helpful with providing information. I have upgraded these people from version 7.0 to 7.3. This seemed to briefly slow the frequency of the errors down, but didn't fix problem entirely. I also tried another helpful hint that hasn't corrected the problem either.

If anyone has any ideas on this, please share. Personally I believe there is a compatibility issue between Groupwise and Dragon.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back