Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Groupwise 6.5.4 Active x problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

assets

Technical User
Oct 23, 2002
AU
I use quick view to view mail. This help solves virus problems as mail is not opened.

I get the following error on some pages. You current security settings prohibit running active x on this page. As a result the page will not be displayed correctly.

Any Ideas as active x enabled in internet explorer.

Thank

Never give up never give in.

There are no short cuts to anything worth doing :)

First off, your incorrect in thinking quick view does not open the email. It does, how else can you view it? m'kay

Second, email should be read in text, if your getting active X error, your opening email that could potentially hammer your system into the ground, jump up and down and laugh at you in histerics for opening the mail in the first place.

HTML view is kewl and all, but GroupWise does not use IE to view an HTML email. GroupWise also does not have built in support for Active X at the moment. If you really want to use Active X in groupwise, then go here

=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+
Brent Schmidt Certified nut case [hippy]
Senior Network Engineer
Keep IT Simple

Thank for the advise. The emails concerned are from a government site, and are safe. I understand the problem associated with some active x.

Thank you again for the information.

Never give up never give in.

There are no short cuts to anything worth doing :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back