Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

GroupWise 5.5 and Internet mail clietn Problem? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

dragen

IS-IT--Management
Oct 30, 2001
US
I am running GW 5.5 on a Netware 5.1 server. I have a mixture of client OS's ranging from XP Pro to Win 98 SE.
Some of these clients are not sending email to the internet, but they send OK within the LAN. The problem runs through all the OS's. The client I am using is 5.5.3.1 3/3/2000. I have not found an updated client on the Novell support site. I am also using the windows messaging system on the CD for the WIN 98 installs and the XP messaging system from the Novell site for the XP boxes.
In the past I have tried to remove and reinstall the client and have also delete the accounts and remade accounts a couple of days later, with mixed results. Anybody else run into this? Any fixes available? Thanks in advance.

Check your internet address settings. In GW5.0 - 5.2 you had to define filters to route Internet e-mail to the GWIA. In 5.5 you no longer need to do this, but GW5.5 still allows you to. If you see any addressing rules in your groupwise system, be sure none of them are for the internet. Brent Schmidt CNE, Network +
Senior Network Engineer
KIS Computer Center - East Bay, California; USA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back