Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

GroupWise 5.5 adding text to forwarded emails

Status
Not open for further replies.

Merchant

MIS
May 7, 2001
US
I'm currently having a problem with text being added to the end of a forwarded message. This text is readable and in sentence form. We are at GW55ep SP3, server is NW 5.1.

I've only seen 3 occurances so far, so it's not enough to where I can find any type of pattern.

The only change that we've made recently is adding GW Guardian to our configuration. The fact that these forwarded messages are internal, they never go to the GW Guardian server.

Novell solution was to upgrade because they no longer support 5.5EP. I think this is a great solution, but I would like to have this fixed before I try an update. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

From what I can remember this was a bug in 5.5 when using HTML message format. The way we fixed it was to send in Plain text format

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back