Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

GroupWise 5.2 address book disappears after running Outlook on NT4 Sta

Status
Not open for further replies.

hadley

IS-IT--Management
Nov 12, 2001
AU
Groupwise 5.2 address book was running fine until I opened up Outlook. Now all the options in the address book are greyed out. If I log onto another machine they are fine. I have uninstalled Outlook, GW 5.2 and reinstalled but still it doesn't work. I am running NT4 SP6.

I'm not sure if NT is similar to Win98 in reaction to this, but we discovered that Outlook and Groupwise don't get along. The same thing you experienced happened to us when Outlook was enabled AFTER Groupwise was installed. The following has worked for us(usually!):
·Uninstall Outlook Express using the Add/Remove function of the Control Panel.
·Uninstall Microsoft Outlook using the Add/Remove Components function of the Microsoft Office setup.
·Reinstall GroupWise. GroupWise will complain that parts of the Windows Messaging System are missing. Allow GroupWise to clean up Windows Messaging. The system will be rebooted between that and the actual GroupWise install, so don’t remove the CD at the reboot.
·In Control Panel/Mail select Show Profiles and select Novell Default Settings from the drop down menu.
Restart the computer and everything should be fine with GroupWise.

Good luck, JG

Download WMSNT.EXE. This is the Windows Messaging System for NT/2000. This MUST be installed FIRST, then GroupWise second.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back