Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

GroupWise 4.2 with Windows98

Status
Not open for further replies.

DAVED

MIS
Mar 9, 1999
US
Our current situation is GroupWise 4.2 and Win3.1 clients. We would like to initially just upgrade the PCs to Win98 (new hardware of course) and keep using GroupWise 4.2, then upgrade that as a later step. I've been told that 16 bit GroupWise 4.2 won't work on a Windows98 PC. Any opinions or experience?

We are running GW 4.2 on W95 (160 stations) - tried to go to 98 but found many problems with 98 in general. I would stay away from 98 and either go to W95 or NT.

I would second ssavoie's response. We have several clients running GroupWise 4.2 in Windows 95 and NT and we tend to stay away from 98.

I have a 100 clients running a combo of W3.1, 3.11 Win95 and Win98, and have no problem. I am using Groupwise 4.1 and have to disagree with the other replies. The computers also range from 486's thru to PII Pentiums with no problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back