Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Groupshield Autonaming Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

jezza33

MIS
Oct 30, 2000
GB
We have Exchange 5.5 SP4 running on a windows 2000 server. Trying to install McAffe Groupshield for Exchange but am getting an error:

DAPI error (80001010) - No autonaming rule was defined etc etc etc.

We have not implemented autonaming. We have two users who share one mailbox. What impact will implementing autonaming on this? Also does anyone know if groupshield can be installed without implementing an autonaming rule?

I have one of my clients with an NT 4.0 domain running Exchange 5.5 SP4 on a Windows 2000 Server with Groupshield running. I installed it. No problems. As long as the latest SP for Exchange is on and you have downloaded and installed the latest GroupShield, you should not have any problems- of course I do not have two users sharing a mailbox. Even then it shuold not matter, I have shared mailboxes in the past with Groupshield running.

solution from McAfee Knowledgebase

SolutionID: nai3505 Printer-Friendly Page
Problem Description:
Error: "An error has occurred in DAPI. The autonaming rule is not defined."

DAPI error during install

Problem Environment:
McAfee GroupShield 4.0x

Microsoft Exchange 5.x Server

Microsoft NT Server 4.0

Cause of this problem:
This error is an NT error. It is caused by missing entries under the HKEY_CURRENT_USER registry key and typically manifests during installation of GroupShield Exchange 4.0.4 if the user account selected for install is an account that did not install the Exchange Administrator program.

Solution:
Microsoft Q-article details the cause and resolution for this error.

Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back