Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Groupshield 6.0 deleting emails

Status
Not open for further replies.

tatum

Technical User
Dec 20, 2002
US
I was wondering if anyone had seen this problem before. We are using Exchange enterprise 2000 and Groupshield 6.0. We had some users complain about not getting some emails. We tracked the messages in exchange and saw they had been submitted to the categorizer and their flow stopped. From what we can tell, Groupshields OnAccess(transport) has been deleting random emails. We can only see the emails are deleted in the recently scanned items at the bottom of groupshields web config home page. I have no idea why they getting deleted because the messages that get deleted seem random. Has anyone ever seen this before?

Thanks

~tatum [ponder]

While I cant say for sure that all the emails are virus free, I did try to send a test message to another user that was deleted and it was just an email with only the subject "test". I cant find any of these email in the detected items log in Groupshield.

~tatum

Just in case someone else has the same problem, we did find out what the problem was. We had groupshield and virusscan enterprise on the server. Both were set to automatically download updates. Since both programs use the same virus definition files and both were trying to update them, the definitions got corrupted. This caused the random deletion of emails as they were scanned by groupshield. We have disabled updating on groupshield and just left virusscan enterprise to download the updates. Since that change, the problem has not resurfaced.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back