Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

GROUPS PRIVILEDGES

Status
Not open for further replies.

sifp

Technical User
Nov 25, 2008
GR
Hello,

I would like to clarify a problem..

I have created some groups in nice administration and I want the supervisors of these groups to hear ONLY those users that I have added in this group.

Because now, every supervisor can hear every user from all groups.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks a lot in advance.

In the group you have created make sure that all the members of that group are added to the group.
example: all customer support group members inlcuding the supervisor/manager.

Now with the Group profile open assign the supervisor/manager as "Group Manager" of that group.

The supervisor should now have access to that groups call, now hear is the reason he still has access to the whole system, the privileges assigned to the supervisor is for more than just his group. So a good practice is to create profiles based on the group or use the default "Team Leader/Supervisor" profile. Do not add the profile to the individual user, while in the Group click on the "Managers Profiles" tab and "attach Profile" use the wizard, click next, once you get to the available profiles select the profile you created for that group or use the default "Team Leader/supervisor" profile.

You may want to remove all the profiles attached to the supervisor/manager prior to doing this. When you make the supervisor/manager a "Group Manager" of that Group it will automatically give them the "Managers Profile" privileges. This will then only allow him to access only the members in the group.

So in the Managers profile tabs you should only have something like:
1. Basic Colums
2. Team Leader/Supervisor

or if you created a profile:

1. Basic Colums
2. Customer Support Supervisor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back