Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Groupings and Columns

Status
Not open for further replies.

rmiller11

MIS
Jan 20, 2003
US
I have not used columns and cross tabs at this point.
We have our employees set up in evacuation Buddy Groups and would like to do a report for posting and would like the groups in columns to save paper ie:

Office Office Shop
Group 10 Tot 2 Group 20 Tot 5 Group 5 Tot 3
-------------- ---------------- ------------------
Joe Blow6 1 Joe Blow3 1 Joe Blow9 1
Joe Blow4 2 Joe Blow11 2 Joe Blow82 2
Joe Blow9 3 Joe Blow92 3
Joe Blow12 4
Joe Blow63 5

Anyway, this give an idea of where I want to end up filling the paper with groups separated with lines for the next set of Buddy groups. What options do I use, help me get started. I tried labels but it is not working out cause some groups will have 10 and other just a few depending on lacation of employee.

Since you intend to place the totals on top, it's difficult to use a cross-tab.

If you can live with them on the bottom, then select insert cross-tab, place the Group as the column, and the name as the row and the total, using a count of the name.

-k

I really don't care if total is at top or bottom, my main question though is, how do I get the cross-tab three across?

Your best bet might be to use multiple columns. Go to the section expert (format->section) ->details->format with multiple columns->layout tab and enter the column width and gap between columns. Check "Down and then Across" and "Format groups with multiple columns." Play around with the column widths until your preview shows multiple columns.

-LB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back