Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Grouping/Separating Data for 2 separate charts

Status
Not open for further replies.

crogers111

Technical User
Jan 23, 2004
US
CR 2008

I need to group my data (I think) so that I can create 2 seaparate line charts, one for 2012 data and one for 2013 data (without using a subreport).
Each Chart should have 2 lines, one for 'Actual' one for 'Budget'
The dataset contains only 2 years of data (?Year and ?Year - 1) based on the parameter entry & WHERE Clause

I tried using the following grouping to select just the 2013 data for 'on change of' for one chart which works, but 2012 data gets lumped into a 3rd grouping that appears on the chart. I want the 2012 data to appear in its own chart adjacent to this one.

@ChartGrouper1
If {?Year} = {Command.YEAR} and {Command.TYPE} = "A" Then Totext({Command.YEAR},0,"") & " " & "Actual"
else
If {?Year} = {Command.YEAR} and {Command.TYPE} = "B" then Totext({Command.YEAR},0,"") & " " & "Budget"

Smplified Example of Grouped Data (There's actually records for each month):

Year Type Amount
2012 B 4500
2012 A 4200
2013 B 4900
2013 A 5000

How can I separate/group each year's data to be used in separate, side by side charts ? (Ideally without using a subreport)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back