Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Grouping records and SSRS

Status
Not open for further replies.

mivey4

Programmer
Dec 8, 2006
US
Hi

I have a dataset that contains around 55 fields that I need to create a report for. I have figured out how to create a drill-down off of the 1st field in the record by grouping the remaining fields under of it.

But all of the remaining fields still take up a lot needless space in the report. Is it possible to have the remaining records setup as child members to the first field and divide them into sub-groups?

So if my first drill down are employees with a (+) to their left, I could have groups under each employee like location
that would have the street, city and state fields; and another like department that would have stuff like their supervisors name, phone number, building number and etc.

I have attempted this using the table object but it seems as though I don't be the effect I'm looking for because there is only 1 designated "Detail" row in the table.

Thx

I have attempted this using the table object but it seems as though I don't be the effect I'm looking for because there is only 1 designated "Detail" row in the table.

You can have multiple rows for each section. (To add a new row, highlight your existing row and right-click to access the menu). So you can have two or more detail rows. You can also merge cells like you can in Excel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back