Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Grouping levels on reports Access 2000

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teddo

Technical User
Jun 28, 2002
GB
I have constructed a database with a big overall query [Overallquery]; the criteria for which are selected from a form [Overallqueryform].

I am now trying to design the report to go with this and am wondering whether it is possible to select the grouping an sorting levels each time the report is run?

Thanks in advance to anybody who can help me!

Ted

you must be talking about changing the report at run time. I don't think that you can do that. I mean not change the gouping levels on a report. Just create another report. "The greatest risk, is not taking one."

Maybe I am misundertanding your question. Sounds like you want to change the grouping on the fly for the report before you print. If so,
1. Open report in design view
2. Choose view / Sorting and grouping on menu
3. Use dropdown to add/change group
4. Close sorting and grouping
5. Add and format the new grouping field to the grouping header on the report.
6. View in print and the report should now be regrouped

If you need to change the filters, etc on the report,then 1. Create a filter query (use ur existing one)
2. Create an "On Open" event for the report.
3. Create macro for the open event that says run your query filter.
Then, before you open the report, change the filter on the query to whatever you need. Open the report and it should be filtered based on ur new filter criteria as result of the "On Open" event. Think this should work. It has for me in the past.

Let me know how these turn out.

JDTTEK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back