Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

grouping in a report

Status
Not open for further replies.

brbarto

Technical User
Sep 6, 2001
I am trying to create a report that shows the acct to be charged, the acct that receives the revenue, and the amount, so I'm dealing with AcctNumber, RevenueAcctNumber, and ChargedAmount. The user wants it broken down by RevenueAcctNumber(there only 2), by AcctNumber (all accts starting with different number should be grouped; for ex. all accts starting with 2 will be together, etc), and by pos or neg ChargedAmounts. I've tried grouping by RevenueAcctNumber, =[ChargedNumber]>0 (this probably isn't too good), and AcctNumber(using prefix characters). I think it actually works, including totals for each group. Is there a better way? Should it be made into 2 reports?
They also would like to have the total amount for each AcctNumber group, both pos and negs. Don't have any idea how to do this.
Thanks,
newbie BB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back