Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Grouping Detail A and Detail B

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 1, 2008
US
Hello,
I am working on a crystal report where I would like to display two different sets of detail. Currently what is happening is, the detail A and detail B sections come one right after another:

Group Header 1
Detail A
Detail B
Detail A
Detail B
Group footer 1

I would like all the information in Group A to come first, then all the information in Group B:

Group Header 1
Detail A
Detail A

Detail B
Detail B
Group footer 1

Is there a way to do this?

Thank you,
Angie

try inserting another group on Detail then suppress the group footer/headers you don't need to see

The data in detail_a and detail_b are drawn from the same row, so you will not be able to separate them into different groups, since one row can be in only one group. If you want to separate parts of one row, you would need to add a subreport.

-LB

I was afraid that was the only way. I already did that, but the problem I have with putting the information from detail B in the report as a sub report is that I need this report as a sub report for another report. I do not believe I can use a sub-report that has a sub-report in it. The internal sub-report comes up blank.

Yes, you can't nest subreports, but you might be able to figure out a way to replace the nested sub (that won't work) with a second subreport within the container report.

-LB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back