Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

grouping by quarters

Status
Not open for further replies.

paulcat

Programmer
Mar 8, 2000
US
I have CR 7.0 & Access, I have a report with 3 columns of data on the left, and repeated on the right, and grouped by quarter. ie:<br>
<br>
field1 field2 field3 ... field1 field2 field3<br>
<br>
In the format of the details section, to keep the left data from repeating on the right, I use the formula &quot;Remainder (RecordNumber ,2) = 0&quot;. It works ok, except the last line that prints in each group belongs to the following group ie: its date is in the next quarter. How do I force it to print in the next section??

Instead of using the RecordNumber as a counter, you could create a running total field that is a count of the number of records. Place this running total in the detail section, format to suppress, reset on change of group. Then change your formula to &quot;Remainder(YourRunningTotal, 2) = 0&quot;. I think that would work... <p>Malcolm Wynden<br><a href=mailto:wynden@island.dot.net>wynden@island.dot.net</a><br><a href= > </a><br>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back