Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

group 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tony316

Technical User
Mar 6, 2008
CA
Hi

I have a partner ACS release 5 with a partner messaging rel 1 4 ports. I have install a partner doorphone and program the internal hotline for x10 but my customer would like when someone press the doorphone it rings at several places in the same times (4 or 5 phones) I am not able to program a group in the internal hotline.

What should I do

use a non partner doorphone like viking on a co port I have one set up that rings all phones on the last co line

This can be done, but it will require a bit of work. (I hope I explain the procedure correctly. It is called a loop around).

You will need the door phone, 2 available station ports and an available line port.

You can connect the door phone to an available station port. Using a patch cable, connect a 2nd available station port to a free line port.

Now, program the door phone port to ring the 2nd station port (hotline).

Next, assign line port to the telephones that you want to ring in when the button on the door phone has been pressed.

So, when someone rings the door phone, the door phone port dials the port that is connected to a line port. This will, in turn, ring the phones where the line port is assigned to a button.

I hope I explained it correctly [purpleface]

If it ain't broke, I haven't fixed it yet.

If your using a Partner doorphone, assign it's ext # under #604 for the first doorphone unit, the enter any ext,s that you want to ring under #606 you can add multiply ext's there.

Avaya changed the door phone function - when you use the "normal" door phone programming, you only get one "ding-dong", although the intercom path stays open for someone to answer.

Dexman's solution works great, just give that "line" a unique ring tone, and make it Incoming Only, so the phones don't try to dial out on it.

TTT-
I've been using just the Vikings for sometime now, didn't even know they changed the signaling for their doorphones,good catch learned something new.

so two station ports and one co port

I'll stick to the second party solutions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back