Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Group Voicemails

Status
Not open for further replies.

bazhand

IS-IT--Management
Jul 14, 2005
IE
Running Voicemail Pro 2.1 with IP 406.

I have some hunt groups setup with the following settings.

CommEB -
In Manager - Voicemail On, Queueing On
In Voicemail - Queued / Still Queued with option to leave message to 'CommEB'

Is this the correct way to set it up, I think when a customer trys to leave a message they're not sure they are leaving a message as some of our messages are blank or sound surprised(maybe not being told they are leaving message?)

See Attached screenie -

If all you want is a group VM there should be no need to set anything withing VM Pro
Delete the Queued & still Queued start pioints from VM Pro & if you wish the calls to go to VM if the group is busy turn off Queuing on the group

Make sure you have recorded a greeting for your mailbox

Also require calls to be queued, can i leave queueing enabled in manager and delete the options in VM?

Yes, the system will play the default Que Msgs (these can be changed from the mailbox greetings.

if you want the calls to que for a perid then drop to VM you will need to set an over flow time

Group sdtart points are only necessary if you want to change the basic operation of VM. IE give the caller a menu system or play que position etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back