Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Group value duplicated

Status
Not open for further replies.

JanS

Technical User
Feb 21, 2001
AU
Hi,

Im experiencing a problem with a report. One of the groups in the report is not displaying/grouping values correctly. For example, instead of seeing the following values for each group:

etc

I see

etc

The group values are not reported once but many time depending on the number of detail records.

If I remove the group, readd it and rerun the report the group seems to be displayed correctly. However, if i save the report, close Crystal, reopen and run the report the same problems with the group occur.

I am using CR 8.5. Any help would be greatly appreciated as Ive got some angry users who want to know why a report that was normally 2 pages is now 35!!

Cheers
jan

So there's only one group in the report?

Since this group is NOT a number (00), then you'll have problems anyway as 100 would come before 20.

Rather than using text to describe the concern, why not include technical information, such as:

Database used
Example data
Expected output

And in the instance of already having a report layout, demonstrate what you have.

Crystal does group correctly, and I've never heard of this particular error, but I always suggest applying the service pack:

-k

No, theres more than one group in the report but only one is causing a problem - no need to mention those.

Im not concerned about the order in which the values are returned, Im concerned that they are being repeated when my understanding of the benefits of using groups was to "group" like values within a particular field and only display the value once.

Im using CR 8.5 (with the service pack you suggested), SQL Server 2000 SP3a.

Example Data:

raw data
Field1 Field2
00 55
00 45
01 70
01 30
02 65

what im expecting to see

What i do see

Its okay - Ive recreated the report. All sems fine now. Ive no idea what happened as nothing in the original report had changed for 12 months.

Thanks for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back