Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Group Suppression

Status
Not open for further replies.

be1s

Programmer
Dec 8, 2003
US
Using version 8, I have suppress the group header based on certain conditions. If the condition is true it suppresses the group header but it still groups the details.

I would like to disregard the group totally. How can i do this?

Thanks

There are a number of ways you might do this.

Saying that you want to disregard the group I assume means that you don't want to display any details for that particular item of the group, not that you want no data to show in the group itself.

You can eliminate any rows using the Report->edit selection formula->record and place something like:

{table.groupfiled} = "Ignore me"

Replacing "Ignore me" with what you don't want to see.

Or you can use the same criteria in the suppressed group in the details and group footer sections.

Either should totally remove the group totally.

-k

It sounds like you want to group conditionally. You could do this with a parameter {?group} which is set up as a string with options "Group on Field X" and "No Group"

Then create a formula like:

if {?group} = "Group on Field X" then {table.fieldx} else
""

Insert a group on this formula (this assumes that fieldx is a string). If {?group} = "No Group", there will be one group header and footer which you can conditionally suppress with:

{?group} = "No Group"

-LB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back