Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Group Suppress No Drill Down problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cpreston

MIS
Mar 4, 2015
GB
Hi

Not sure if anyone can help. We have some code that si not bringing through all of the results if there is more than one of the same vwWorksSchedule.orderlinetype. This is in a group section expert for Suppress(no drill down)

If they are numbered 1 and 2 and 3 then it works. However if they are number 1 and 2 and 2 and 3 then I don't get the correct result through. Sorry this is hard to explain.
So if the vwWorksSchedule.orderlinetype as more than one 2 for example, how can I get it to display. These are all part of order numbers. I personally thinks maybe there should be an Else statement after, I have tried some things but losing the battle. Sorry it is not very well explained, but if anyone can see anything obvious with the code nay help would be appreciated. Thanks

if {vwWorksSchedule.Name} <> "MDF"
then
{vwWorksSchedule.WOSLineType} = 2 or {vwWorksSchedule.WOSLineType} = 3
or
({vwWorksSchedule.WOSLineType} = 1
and {vwWorksSchedule.orderlinetype} = 1
and {vwWorksSchedule.ProcessLine} > 1)
//and {vwWorksSchedule.ProcessLine} <> {vwWorksSchedule.orderlinenumber}
or
and {vwWorksSchedule.orderlinetype} = 2
and {vwWorksSchedule.ProcessLine} > 1)
and {vwWorksSchedule.ProcessLine} <> {vwWorksSchedule.orderlinenumber}
Or
and {vwWorksSchedule.orderlinetype} = 3
and {vwWorksSchedule.ProcessLine} <> {vwWorksSchedule.orderlinenumber})

I'm not sure if anyone else understands what you are trying to do but I certainly don't.

I would suggest the following:
[ul]
[li]Remove the sppression formula so the report returns all data;[/li]
[li]Provide a sample of the resultant data;[/li]
[li]Explain what you do and don't want to see on the report, and why[/li]
[/ul]

This should help us to understand the issue and to formulate a solution.

Cheers
Pete

Hi

It is very hard to explain but I created a small word document with screen shots. Which I hope explains a little. I still think an Else statement is required.
I have tried all sorts with the code but not getting the right results.

Thanks

http://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=75c2fcc7-f5b3-44ed-9398-ebfbf3469a08&file=Crystal_issues.doc
Hi

I may have sorted it, jus testing some more so please don't spend any time looking thanks.
I have added this line in

if {vwWorksSchedule.Name} <> "MDF1" AND {vwWorksSchedule.Name} <> "MDF2" AND {vwWorksSchedule.Name} <> "MDF Stromab"

I though if {vwWorksSchedule.Name} <> "MDF1*" whoulc have done it but the wild card did not work.

I will update if further help may be needed

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back