Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Group Sum excluding Supressed values

Status
Not open for further replies.

DerbyNeal

Programmer
May 12, 2005
GB
Hi,

Please can someone help?

I need to display a Group Total (Running Total/Sum of) of all fields shown. But - it must exclude the 'supressed' values. Do I need to use a formula? If not, what do I need to set?

(NB: The supressed values are duplicated values).

I'm using Crystal Version 9 (and 10).

Many thanks,

Neal

To explain further....

Basically, the 'Total' field is adding the supressed values to the final amount. The 'Detail' field contains Positive and Negative values (as well as supressed values).

Other 'Total' fields within the report are OK where 'Detail' fields Positive values and supressed Values exist.

Thanks,

Neal

Summary totals add up everything, or everything in a group. You can do 'distinct count', but nothing more fancy.

A running total can evaluate using a formula. Use the same formula that you use to suppress and it should be OK

[yinyang] Madawc Williams (East Anglia, UK). Using Windows XP & Crystal 10 [yinyang]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back