Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Group running total counts recaped in the report footer 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

dande

Programmer
Feb 14, 2002
US
I have never worked with variables or arrays in Crystal 8. With that being stated, is there a way to capture Group Id and a running total count from the group footer and display a recap in the report footer. Example: group footers show that Worker A has 20 clients the next group, Worker B, has 15 clients. How do I capture this data to display in the report footer? The number of groups varies depending on new hires or workers leaving..Thanks Paul

I'd have thought a Crosstab would do what you wanted. I'm not certain this will work in Crystal 8, though.

Failing this, a subreport in the report footer could easily do the job, even though it would be wasteful of machine-time.

[yinyang] Madawc Williams (East Anglia, UK). Using Windows XP & Crystal 10 [yinyang]

Madawc, Thanks for the direction..I don't do a lot in Crystal and the crosstab was exactly what I needed....Paul

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back