Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Group Policy

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReginaldMeyer

IS-IT--Management
Feb 24, 2003
US
I need assistance setting up a group policy.

I need to restrict a group of users from almost everything on the machine except printing and the use of one application.

Does anyone know of a GOOD resource that steps you through creating a group policy restricting the use of such programs as IE?

I appreciate the help and assistance.

couple of good resources, firstly theres a massive guide to securing win2k and 2k svr on at (look at the infosec guides), second get an install of intellimirror from microsoft (free) and use the kiosk setting (or ply with the other scenarios, they are all quite good.)

The latter is probably the best option, but do read the guides!

Good luck

Win2ksvr,

Thank you for the tip. I have seen this program.

Question: Is this program on the resource kit? If so I have installed the resource kit where would the program be located?

Intellimirror will allow me to setup policies for a group of users I have in an OU?

I am reading up on it now?

Thanks again.

You can find Intellimirror on the microsoft web site for download, (this is a direct link to it:

Its a seperate entity and not part of the reskit:-

In addition to it there are a whole host of tools at:

That you might like to have a look at as well, (hope this helps!)

The accompanied documentation is quite complete but if you need more infor I'll be happy to help (If I can...)

Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back