Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

GROUP POLICY

Status
Not open for further replies.

sdsc

MIS
Jul 18, 2002
GB
please help!
when in gpedit.msc, if i make changes to the local machine,is it correct that if i try ang log on as administrator the changes will affect even that user, i.e
if i remove the "run" command for example it removes it for the administrator, also how do i make a change for a specific user if thats possible
thanks guys.

as far as I know local group policy changes do affect all users (although, depending on which policy you're using, the effects can be different for different user types - you'll have to read the relevant documentation for the ones you are setting up). There are some knowledge base articles which detail how to get round this for some of the functions. I think you'll need to be part of a domain to make user specific changes (I'd also be interested to know if this isn't the case).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back