Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Group Policy to disable IE7 Phishing Setting

Status
Not open for further replies.

suseli

Technical User
Dec 9, 2005
GB
I have a LAN with Win2003 & Win XP Clients.

Clients has Internet Explorer 7 installed. When clients logon a message prompts regarding Microsoft Internet Explorer Phishing Settings askin to Turn on or Turn off the filter.

Can it be disabled via group policy so that it wont be prompted when clients logon.

Well i went and installed it and what you want is there. you need to copy the .adm file from where the msi installs it(program files\microsoft group policy), to winnt\inf. it will over right the old template so back it up if you ever want to see it again. go into your gp editor and its under user config\admin templates\internet explorer and its called turn off managing phishing filter.

RoadKi11

Thanks Raodki11, i managed to copy adm temp it to c:\winnt\inf folder.

When i opened the group policy console i got a message prompt
"The following entry in the [strings] section is too long and has been truncated."

Is this normal?

No not normal, there is a fix for that from MS, let me see if i can track it down. just click through it, may have to click ok 30 times but it will stop and you can work on the GP.

RoadKi11

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back