Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Group Policy Question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

markcsand

MIS
Apr 8, 2004
US
My issue is when a user logs into the domain they are having their group policy user settings applied from a server in another subnet causing long logon times. It shows my computer settings being applied from the correct server however. I find these results when I run gpresult from one workstation. Does anyone know how to make the workstation get its group policy user setting from a server on the same subnet? Some more info: Windows 2003 domain, both XP and 2000 workstations.

Thanks for the info but I do have each subnet setup correctly in sites and services. Also when a PC logs on it is authenticating to the correct domain controllers. However, when I am logging in it is hanging on "applying computer settings" so when I ran gpresult and it said I was obtaining my group policy user settings from a server in another subnet. It does not happen to all PC's logging in but some.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back