Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Group Policy - Loopback Processing

Status
Not open for further replies.

paulhthomas

Technical User
Apr 5, 2005
GB
Chaps, looking for some help here before I go mental!! Basically I'm trying to get some group policy user config applied to users when they log into a particular set of servers which are in their own OU (a different OU to the users that are logging on to them), but the policies aren't applying. domain structure below

-Domain.com
-- Support Users (OU)
---RemedyUsers (OU)
----User1
----User2 etc etc...
----RemedyUsers (group)

-- SupportServers (OU)
---Remedy (OU)
----Server1
----Server2

I've linked the GPO with user config defined to the Remedy OU and enabled loopback processing in the computer config.
I've checked the security on the GPO and the RemedyUser group has read and apply, and also I have created a group containing Server1 and Server2, and given that permissions to read and apply so it picks up the loopback setting.

There's no mention of this policy when I run RSOP or GPResult, am I doing something wrong??

Thanks

Paul

How about starting simple with the permissions? Grant the read/apply permission to Authenticated Users and see if you get the desired result. Also you must wait for the policy to replicate to the DC that the system is using for authentication.

PSC
[—] CCNP [•] CCSP [•] MCITP: Enterprise Admin [•] MCSE [—]

Governments and corporations need people like you and me. We are samurai. The keyboard cowboys. And all those other people out there who have no idea what's going on are the cattle. Mooo! --Mr. The Plague, from the movie "Hackers

thanks for the reply.
I dont know why this has fixed it, but I've got around the issue by eating another GPO that contains just the loopback processing setting. It didn't like being part of another policy!!

Paul

Paul Thomas
VCP, MCSE 2003, MCSA: Messaging, MCITP: Vista, MCTS: Vista, N+, MCP

Network+ - Passed
70-210 - Passed
70-290 - Passed
70-291 - Passed
70-293 - Passed
70-294 - Passed
70-284 - Passed
70-297 - Passed
70-640 - Passed