Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Group Policy Lockdown and IE

Status
Not open for further replies.

quinla01

IS-IT--Management
Nov 1, 2005
GB
Hi guys,

I'm after your advice here.

I'm currently implementing a large XP Lockdown. I've completed all the desktop settings and I’m now looking at what features I can lockdown on IE 6.

I'm using group policy in an Active Directory environment and all my clients are XP. So far the only policies i have applied are those that remove the tabs in the Tools--> Options menu. What other policies do you guys recommend? I’d like to prevent them from installing active X and other scripts that can cause problems although I don’t want to prevent them from browsing the internet freely since for many of them it’s necessary for part of their jobs.

I’d also like to stop streaming media on Windows Media player since I have found many users listening to Radio which is hogging our limited bandwidth.

Any other Evil lockdowns you guys can think of would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Andy.

proxy settings. home page. temp files/offline content (if you have profile limits esp.)You can set the security settings and disable user access to it, bear in mind this may cause headaches later on - you may need to create a couple of seperate users groups for some restrictions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back