Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Group Policy is not updating changes. What can I do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Huevo

IS-IT--Management
May 13, 2005
US
When I update changes to users in Active Directory, it doesn't seem to update. I tried the gpupdate command, but it goes back to the way the old settings were. For example, one user was locked out of his account. I went to lock him out under the account tab in properties of the user, and as soon as I clicked refresh, it went back to lock out status. I saw these two errors in the event log:

Windows cannot access the file gpt.ini for GPO CN={CD47BFE2-ACBE-45A5-B45C-53B72C63AF63},CN=Policies,CN=System,DC=LIFE,DC=local. The file must be present at the location <\\LIFE.local\SysVol\LIFE.local\Policies\{CD47BFE2-ACBE-45A5-B45C-53B72C63AF63}\gpt.ini>. (The system cannot find the path specified. ). Group Policy processing aborted.

and

Windows cannot query for the list of Group Policy objects. Check the event log for possible messages previously logged by the policy engine that describes the reason for this.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at
Is there someone who has had this problem before?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back