Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Group Policy for terminal session

Status
Not open for further replies.

cc929

IS-IT--Management
Nov 21, 2003
US
Hi,

I have setup a Terminal server at W2K3 server.
I also created a new OU at DC to contain remote access user.
When I setup a Group Policy in the new OU to limit remote user have FULL permission using the server, it is not working. When I logon to the TS, I can still get full permission. When I try to logon to Win XP, The GP is working.
Does anyone tell me how to setup the GP for remote access user. I would like to block everything except create a Word & Excel icon on the desktop.

Many thanks in advance!

cc929

What policies are you applying? Are they computer or user settings? What does the event log say? Have you tried running RSoP on the server? (open a mmc and load the resultant set of policices snap-in)

If the GPO is applied to the OU that the server is in, the GPO's work on Server 2003 (e.g. your not setting server 2008 only settings on it!) and you don't have any inheretance / blocking in effect it should be smooth.

Also - try DNS. Most GPO issues are actually name resolution problems hidden away! :)

Steve.

"They have the internet on computers now!" - Homer Simpson

Hi Steve,

Thanks for your great help!
My question is that just setup a Terminal Server at W2K3 std. I would like to LOCK UP the remote user that they can ONLY the Word and Excel icon on the desktop and they can't use anything else. I have created a new OU and add the new GP. When the user logon to the TS server, they can still see everything such as control panel, all programs etc...

Do you know how can I setup the TS server or GP to STOP remote users to chcnge anything in the TS server?

Thanks!

cc929

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back