Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

GROUP POLICY APPLICATION PROBLEM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moscerino

Technical User
Nov 7, 2001
RU
HI ALL

I've got this problem:

in my network there are 3 domain controllers with active directory, I would set security policies on a group of COMPUTERS of my domain.

So I created a global security group and I put about 20 computer accounts into it. Then I put my group into an OU and I tried to set a policy to this group.

I would like to deny logon locally on this group of computers, to a group of users.

When I set the policy, with "block inheritance" flag, I did the command secedit /refreshpolicy machine_policy to propagate immediately the policy settings to the others DC's. So in the Event Viewer I can see the SceCli Event ID that told me "Security policy in the Group policy object are applied succesfully".

BUT IT'S COMPLETELY FALSE

I can make the logon on computers with one of the users
that I would like to deny it!!!

Another information is this: if I set an User Policy, this is applied quickly and works fine!! For example a logon script applied to a user works perfectly after 5 minutes!!

I add also /enforce to the secedit command but the situation doesn't change!!

Please help me, I'm going to break all my domain forest with a hammer.

Mosce

did you add that security group in the permissions of the Group Policy? (Read and Apply Group Policy rights....)

what group? the computer group or the users group?

the security group you created that you're trying to apply the policy to....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back