Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Group policy and internet proxy 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skibs

IS-IT--Management
Mar 27, 2000
GB
I have a group policy set to force users to access the internet via our content manager server. When a user logs on gp assigns the proxy, but a user can untick the proxy and access undesireable sites. How can I assign a proxy that can't be bypassed?

What we did was to set our firewall to only accept requests from our Proxy Server. Any other request is rejected. This forces everyone to use the proxy.

Dan

I'm with dput, we did the same. Work on the premise that the user can probably gain access to an alternative browser that has not been locked down, rejecting anything not coming from the proxy server at the firewall is the best way of dealing with it.

Carlsberg don't run I.T departments, but if they did they'd probably be more fun.

You can always remove the connections tab from within the GP. This will not allow access to "untick" the proxy.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back