Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Group Policy - Amount of idle time required before suspending session not working?

Status
Not open for further replies.

richardy2k04

IS-IT--Management
Aug 20, 2014
US
I have a GPO in my domain that is intended to lock the workstations after 10 minutes of inactivity. I use the following setting to do this:

Computer Configuration > Windows Settings > Security Settings > Local Policies > Security Options

Microsoft Network Server: Amount of idle time required before suspending session.

So this setting does what i want it to do...for SOME of my machines SOME of the time. All the machines are getting and applying the policy, but it isnt actually working on some of them, but only sporadically. I confirmed that the workstations are in the correct OU, the GPO has the correct permissions, and when i check the machines locally, the policy is getting applied. Anyone ever had any issue like this with this setting?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back