Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Group Policies

Status
Not open for further replies.

momoko

IS-IT--Management
Oct 15, 2003
CA
Does anyone have the entire listing of all the group policies for win2k? Viewing them in mmc is a bit of a pain, and difficult to document the changes I have implemented.

Thanks

i can find it real fast my friend has all of them and he can tell me at work tommorow.

install admin tool on XP, much easier than W2K mmc

Thanks mmohawk, can you mail it to matt_sea57@yahoo.ca

Winoto, are you suggesting to install xp pro or server and use the XP tools for Group policies?

I think the install for the XP console is gpmc.mci (sound right?)

It's GPMC.MSI. It installs the Windows 2003 Group Policy Management Console. This will not install on a Windows 2000 Professional PC, but it will install on a Windows XP PC. It does work with Windows 2000 domains, so long as you run it from an XP client. I can't recall the name of the particular feature, but you can run it against a policy and it will tell you which of the settings have been enabled in that policy. I believe that you can do the same thing on a per-user or per-OU basis too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back