Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Group Policies Replication problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

hotquik

Programmer
Mar 24, 2003
VE
Hi,
I'm having the following events on the sytem log, generated every five minutes:

Event Type: Error
Event Source: Userenv
Event Category: None
Event ID: 1058
Description: Windows cannot access the file gpt.ini for GPO CN={31B2F340-016D-11D2-945F-00C04FB984F9},CN=Policies,CN=System,DC=domainname,DC=com . The file must be present at the location <\\domainname.com\sysvol\domainname.com\Policies\{31B2F340-016D-11D2-945F-00C04FB984 F9}\gpt.ini>. (The network path was not found.). Group Policy processing aborted. For more information, see Help and Support Center at
------------------------------------

Event Type: Error
Event Source: Userenv
Event Category: None
Event ID: 1030
Description: Windows cannot query for the list of Group Policy objects. A message that describes the reason for this was previously logged by the policy engine. For more information, see Help and Support Center at
---------------------------------------

Haven't found a solution at support.microsoft.com

Can anyone help me here plz ?

Sorry, forgot to mention aditional details...

I have 4 servers on a domain, the pdc and a sdc are working fine, but the ohter 2 are showing this problem. All have SP1 installed. If I manually copy the file gpt.ini from the pdc to where its supposed to be in the sdc showing this problem, next group policy check doesnt generate this events but instead generates an event saying the policy was successfuly applied. But after a while, the gpt.ini file just disappears again.

Sounds like you deleted your Default Domain Policy. You need to recreate this in order for these message to disappear.

Try Dcgpofix.exe

Hope This Helps,

Good Luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back