Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Group Paging

Status
Not open for further replies.

uzumaki

Technical User
Aug 16, 2007
SG
Hi I've created a group page with 20 members initialy. At 20 members it is working fine, just like the normal. When i try adding 1 more member, and then dial the group page number, i cant get any message indication tone that i can start doing page. In short i cant dial the group page number.

The manual said, 32 stations are the maximum members, however this doesnt make any sense.

Any ideas why does it happen? Do i need to add additional configuration? I think its sofware issue. Im running CM5.1/S8300

If you are using IP Phones they will not support the over the phone paging properly up to the 32 members. If you are using Digital phones it should work fine.

For IP Phones you should look into a IP Phone application utilizing the Push API on the 46xx & 96xx IP Phones, like Litescape.

Thank you,
VOIPEng

Hi VOIPeng,

Do we have any reference documents regarding this one? Because I have talk to an avaya engineer and he was telling me that there is no issue regarding this as long as you have enough VOIP resources it will work. The logic here is, this is a broadcast message so, it will use all the resources it needs to send-out all those messages from all members of the group-page.

i have had this before and you have to wait a few seconds before the page can be heard. i just started limiting the group size to under 20. this was on cm 5.1.1. 8400

ACE IP Telephony
ACS IP Office

Hi Guys,

I already figured it out. My DSP resource is only MP20, so when I put more than 20 extensions on the paging group it consumes every resource in a glance once you press the group page extension.

Thanks for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back