Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Group or subreport?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhilB2

Programmer
Nov 6, 2003
US
My database records contain 3 date fields (call them date A, date B and date C) that may or may not contain data. If any of the dates equals a parameter date, the record is included in the Crystal9 report. I want to group the detail records in the report by Group A, Group B and Group C. If record 1's 3 date fields all equal the parameter date, record 1 should appear in all 3 groups. For this example, in record 2 only Date B = the parameter date. The appearance should be:

Group A
record 1

Group B
record 1
record 2

Group C
record 1

I don't know how to create such artificial groups. In the past I've only created groups for separate records; is it possible to have the same records appear in different groups?

Thus far, I've created 3 groups based on the three date fields; the groups appear one after the other, followed by all the detail records.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back