Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Group mailbox login

Status
Not open for further replies.

ptstechnician

Vendor
Jun 28, 2006
US
Can multipule users access a group box by just entering the password? I have a customer that we set up a group box for and one member can log in with just the password. The other member needs the password and the mailbox number.

Sounds like the embedded voicemail of a hipath 3000 series. And in that case the user that is giving in his password is directed to the mailbox of his own station. (probaly the same password of the groupbox, because there isn't asked for a mailbox number)
So if you want be directed to the voicemail of the group you'll need to change the password of the mailbox of that station. So that a mailbox number is asked when you enter the password

Doesn't say which version of voicemail. I know in PhoneMail you can assign up to 6 stations per mailbox and they would all have the same password, but what I don't know is that if each of those users is at their own phone and they can just hit # to the "If you're at your own phone, hit #" prompt and get in or if they have to dial the number of the primary user's phone to get in. I think they can just hit #.

The primary user (the one who gets the message waiting light on their phone) is the one who's number appears in the first spot on the list.

The group box is 108. Ext 109 doesnt have to enter the box number but 108 does. Neither phone have personal voicemail. The main reason for using the group box is so the lamp will light on both phones when a message comes in.

Well in my version of PhoneMail, no matter how you slice it, you only get a light on the first phone on the list, and the rest of them have to pick up their phone and listen for a stuttering dial tone.

Also on my version, if you have a PHML (Mailbox, MB, etc) it will not automatically connect you to your mailbox unless the light is on, and since the "other 5" phones sharing the mailbox will not receive a notification the PHML button will not light up and cannot be used for auto-callback. In this case the users would have to dial the voicemail access extension, dial their own extension number and then press # and go from there.

If you have a newer version of PhoneMail than 6.4.3.2, or you have the PhoneMail office or integrated Phonemail I'm not quite familiar with their software - I have a free standing office PhoneMail but I didn't have to do much administration before I took it offline and integrated those users into my main system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back