Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Group headers across columns

Status
Not open for further replies.

thread

Technical User
Mar 20, 2001
US
Hi all - I'm new to SSRS, coming from Crystal so sorry if this is a simple question but I can't seem to find the answer. I want a group header to extend past the column that it is put into like this:

Group Header that is very long

Data1 Data2 Data3
Data1 Data2 Data3
Data1 Data2 Data3

Am I being clear?

Thanks - Gail

Select multiple cells, right-click and select "merge." It works similar to Excel.

Thank you - it always is easier than I make it - and why isn't that in my darn book?????

Being a Crystal guy coming to SSRS myself, I feel your pain! Someone could make a lot of money by writing a book that shows you how to do the exact same things in each!
~Brett

--------------------------
Web/.net Programmer & DBA
Central PA

Thanks Brett - this experience is making me feel a bit stupid I admit - and I really do know how to write reports - its the little things that I get stuck on - off to write a subreport!

- Gail

I'd just like to agree totally with you both Gail and Brett, also finding it really hard to do simple things that I know how to do in Crystal. If anyone out there wants to write such a book I'll buy one!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back