Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Group Header

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malikto

Technical User
Jul 12, 2000
US
How can I prevent the group header from printing at the bottom of a page with no data.  I have a report that this is happening on and I can't find a way to prevent it.  The group header prints at the bottom of a page with no data and then again on the top of the next page with the data.  

In Change Group Options, select Keep Group together to keep groups from breaking across pages.<br>Alternatively, if you don't need the whole group together, but just want to stop orphan group headers, then in Format Section for the group, make sure the group is marked as Keep Together.<br>Add a blank section at the bottom of this group, and mark it as Suppress blank section.<br>The Keep Together will make sure there is room for the entire group header (including the blank one) at the bottom of the page before it prints.<br>This last blank section will then, when it is suppressed, allow room for a detail line to print. <p>Malcolm Wynden<br><a href=mailto:wynden@island.dot.net>wynden@island.dot.net</a><br><a href= > </a><br>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back